Sunday 1 December 2013

Who am I ...?

Who am I ...?

This is a question or rather a quest, I have consciously followed since I am 14. I have found beautiful answers of beyond the mind experiences of pure stillness within, a sense of non-self. This is what keeps me meditating, for returning to these experiences of stillness or emptiness.

Then, there remains the question of who is this personality that I am constantly forming and reforming? Childhood experiences, parental now internalized voices, collective adopted attitudes, ancestral influences, acquired knowledge, personal interests, expected behaviours... Piece by piece, I am recognising yet another part, consciously looking at it, questioning it, shedding it. This is a pathway of purification not generally known to be connected to meditation practice, but necessary in order to deepen any sitting meditation experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment